GEM Transitional Care Center accepts the following forms of payment:
Medi-Cal / Medicaid
Private Long Term Care Insurance
Many Managed Care Providers / HMO / PPO
Please contact the Admissions Team to discuss your options.
Residents must have a Medicare card that reads “Hospital Insurance.” They must also be admitted to the facility with a physician order within 30 days of a three consecutive night hospital stay. Generally, during the first 20 days of care, Medicare will pay 100%. For days 21-100, a daily co-insurance rate is required. Medicare does not cover Part A skilled nursing fees over 100 days.
Daily Rate for Skilled Nursing Care
Daily rates include room and board:
- Three meals per day served in main dining or rehabilitative dining areas
- Tray service, plus snacks
- Special diets upon physician order
- Daily assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), i.e., dressing, bathing, ambulation, personal hygiene, and needs
- Daily housekeeping service
- Bed and bathroom linens (less incontinent care linens)
- Administration of medications as prescribed by either attending/alternate physician
- 24-hour supervision by licensed nursing personnel (R.N. or L.V.N.) and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Assistance with feeding
- Planned activities
- Recreational and occupational programs
- Drug regimen review
- Social services consultation
- Discharge planning and referral service
- Furnished rooms furnished in accordance with State and Federal regulatory agencies
PLEASE NOTE: The daily room rate does NOT include the following: Physician visit charges, dentist visit charges, medication, and sundry items, resident care medical supplies and materials, incontinent care supplies/linens, the special physician ordered therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, diagnostic tests, and other specialized care procedures, etc.
I'm Ready to Learn More!
716 South Fair Oaks, Pasadena, CA 91105
P: 626-737-0560 | F: 626-737-0562