April 6, 2021
GEM Transitional Care Center is now implementing outdoor, indoor, and in-room visitation in accordance with currently applicable regulatory guidance on Covid-19. Please contact us for more information at 626-737-0560. Appointments for visits are required.
January 29, 2021
Carolle Revollo, RN, received an award today for her 28 years of service at GEM Transitional Care Center. Congratulations, Carolle! We are so grateful for your dedication.
January 8, 2021
Today the first round of vaccines was given to willing GEM staff and patients! Hurrah!
January 1, 2021
GEM Transitional Care Center wishes you a Happy New Year! May 2021 be blessed!
December 24, 2020
This year has been difficult for everyone. But the grace of Christmas has the power to warm our hearts even during the toughest of times. We want to extend that grace and love to everyone: our staff, our residents and their loved ones, all the friends of GEM, and to Grace and Rupert, our fearless leaders. We present to all of you our Grownup Christmas List video to help you celebrate this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRd1CpO09o&feature=youtu.be
October 30, 2020
Happy Halloween from the staff!
June 21, 2020
May 8, 2020
GEM Transitional Care Center will be celebrating Mother’s Day with socially distanced activities and a special meal served in patients’ rooms. On the menu is grilled salmon with dill sauce, lemon-zucchini-orzo pasta, and a chocolate cream pie for dessert.
May 6, 2020
To prevent the spread of the Coronavirus at GEM Transitional Care Center, we are working to keep the virus from entering the building in the first place. We do this by:
- Restricting all visitors to our residents except in the case of end-of-life situations
- Actively screening anyone entering the building (staff, ancillary staff, vendors, and consultants) for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 before starting each shift
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the residents themselves, we are:
- Cancelling all group activities and keeping residents occupied in their own rooms
- Enforcing social distancing between residents
- Ensuring all healthcare providers wear PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Identifying infections in residents as early as possible
- Actively screening all residents daily for fever and symptoms of COVID-19
- Immediately isolating any symptomatic residents
- Cleaning and disinfecting the facility regularly
- Additionally disinfecting the facility using a DisNfek UR4 machine which uses UV-C light technology to disrupt the DNA of viruses and bacteria and keep them from multiplying. We also use this machine on our uniforms and PPE.
March 13, 2020
At GEM Transitional Care Center, we take the health and safety of our residents seriously. In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and local health departments, we are limiting and screening visitors to our facility. If you have any questions, please contact us at 626-737-0560.